Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Honeymoon: Day 7

Our last full day! We woke up around 8 on day 7 and had a quick breakfast.  We realized we hadn't spent much time on the beach yet, so decided to devote an entire day to the enjoying the beach- and the weather cooperated 100%! Ocotober is my new favorite month to go to the beach....the weather is perfect & I highly recommend checking it out. 

We finally brought the camera out, so all of our pictures are in the same bathing suit.  Boring.  But at least ya get to see how hot my husband is!  He wanted to wait till the last day so we'd be really tan...the catch 22 on that is that by the last day I was feeling a little chunky and bloated (despite our workouts) from a week of gluttony!  Oh well...enjoy the pics! Here is Jon's photo shoot:
And mine, which I was mostly unaware of:
Please ignore the bloated belly...lots of dessert!
We headed back to the pool around 5:30 & swam and sat in the hot tub till about 7.  We'd received an intivation to a formal dinner in the ballroom earlier in the week, and that dinner started at 8.  Actually, there was a cocktail hour that started at 7, but we skipped that and hung out at the pool instead, soaking up every last second of our our awesome vaca. Last few pictures by the pool...
We headed in to get ready for the dinner.  The invitation said "dress to impress," so here's what we came up with.
   The dinner was...okay.  I'm not big into lamb chops or chocolate cake (it was dry) with raspberries and whipped cream, but we did really enjoy the company! We met a super sweet couple from Nashville, Brooke & Jonathan, as well as a couple from the UK- Andy & Sue.  When Andy told me his name & pronounced it in his Scottish accent, it sounded like he was saying "On-dee"...hahaha! I made him repeat it like 3 times and thankfully Jonathan corrected me after I said (and yes, I actually said this), "Well it's nice to meet you On-dee.  I've never heard that name before."  What an idiot!  I'm sure he thought I was a major airhead, but a comment like that warrants the judgement. 
We talked outside the pub for awhile with our new friends after dinner.  Jon and Andy really hit it off (Andy reminded Jon of one of his best friends, Chuck) and even exchanged e-mail addresses. 

We headed back to the room for our final night in the Bahamas....

Totally bittersweet.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Only you sister!!! Too funny!!! Glad ya'll had a Honeymoon to remember!!!